OF COCONUT AND DOWRY

Earlier today I was wandering through cyber space when I came across this question. I found it interesting, don't get me wrong, the problems is serious but the way it goes is a little bit funny. Its about coconut and dowry.

What about the cast system in Hinduism?
I married a man who is from India.

I am constantly being nagged, by his parents, about how I do not come from a good cast and how I did not give them dowry. What on earth is this all about? They did not give my parents any dowry, why should my parents give them anything? I don't get it... Someone please explain....

My parents give my husband and I a Home and two cars plus some money to put in savings account, his parents gave us a coconut..

I do not care what they gave us.... but they, my husbands parents, nag and nag about how bad of a wife I am .....

Is there anything to stop that, other than divorce.... My husband does not want a divorce..I do..

I am an American, and of no cast.


I gather some information about caste system in Hinduism, it's actually something like a social class u are in.

and the Dowry is opposite to what we've been practicing. The bride pays at marriage not the husband.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time Travel in the Quran?

How to set up a Sharp Aquos with Astro

Harga ayam vs harga ikan