Still using pirated software? well can't blame U because the original will cost u quite a fortune. But still it is unethical to use pirated software but the good news is here's an alternative for a free open pc. all u need are:
1. the OS, try Ubuntu click for more information, its free.
2. office productivity, try open office. It has all what Microsoft office has from word, excel, power point to paint with a different names but function as the same. Many companies in Europe are using open office and save billions.
3. Media player, for music try winamp and for movies try media player classic which can open any types of movies.
4. Anti virus and security, try Avira antivir personal plus spybot search and destroy plus ad-aware.
5. Disk defragmenter, try smart defrag its defrag and can be set to shutdown your computer afterward.
6. ZIP and unzip, try total commander with all the zip function.
7. Calendar, try rainlendar for calendar, reminder and notes.
8. Photo manipulation, try GIMP it is as good as photoshop without the price tag, go here for tutorial, here for extensions, here for brushes.
9. Mail client, try pop peeper its easy and reliable.
All in all u can go here for open source software and freeware.